Monday, October 8, 2012

"What's my name? Puddin Tane, ask me again and I'll tell you the same!"

This is Worf, or "Captain Worf" if you're name particular, though he comes to other things. He doesn't mind. Ozzie doesn't mind either, when I call him Ozziewazzie, or something. It usually means treats. Baby is Sugarbooger, or something like it...

I have a lot of names... some I don't like. You can call me anyone of the others.

So...a quickie, for those who don't know me so well...

My name, given me at birth, was Marielana Graszia Ileana Vaneszia Zehandroverhi. I shortened it somewhat...but NOT to "Mary".

I do not like the name Mary. My maman called me that when she was angry with me, and it has connotations of anger with it whenever I hear it.

I had a Facebook friend who insisted on calling me Mary, in the face of a dozen warnings from a dozen other friends... finally, when we were sitting chatting one day, she said, "Hey, Mary, I..." and I said, "what, Dee? (her name was Dianna, pronounced dee-anna). She immediately said, 'My name is Dianna'  and I said, 'my name is MaryEllen'. She said, 'whatever.' and I defriended her on Facebook There and then. From my phone. I heard hers *ding* when she got the message. Kinda funny, the look on her face (I had moved off, to another friend to chat, one of the warning crew, in fact, lol)  She asked to be taken back, and has been scrupulous ever since about using my full name. Since I edited it to Belle on facebook, that's what she calls me.

Another friend in 3D this time, started calling me Mary - and was warned off by my dude of the moment, who had introduced us. She has since called me Ellen. Which is ok. No one ever called me that and then whacked my face half off for some minor infraction.

So, call me Cat or Kitty (my daddy's name for me), call me Belle, call me MaryEllen... or Ms Newton if you's fancy. ;)

13 comments:

  1. Worf is very handsome :)

    I shall remember to never Mary you. My mom is Mary. My grannie was Mary. I have only one MaryEllen (whom I more often address as 'Cat' or Belle)... and I want to keep her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Belle, if you don't mind? It's what I called you over at that other address where we all recently vacated with prejudice and I still like it [the name not the address].

    And Worf is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belle is actually my favorite. I prefer it to all the others. Though Cat is special to me because Dragon called me it first.

      Delete
  3. I will make sure never to call you Mary just as long as you never call me Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shouldn't be a problem. I've seen you called "Caro" a couple of times, but... to me you're who your icon says you are: Athena. Till you tell me otherwise, lol

      Delete
  4. When you wear a face avatar you are Belle, when you have a cat avatar you are Cat or Belle. You're not a Mary or a MaryEllen to me. I knew your name a while back.. but it wasn't who I knew you as.. so it just never took. Thank GOD I didn't see you as a "Mary"... lol.

    You I think know my real name which is okay by me.. but as this is a more public /active profile and I don't want to worry about work or family (extended) reading my posts I ask to stick to Robin (MY dad's nick name for me) or Turtle or Miskinak which if no one is aware yet is a gift from Miki... it's Cree for turtle. :) My close friends, family and even a handful of coworkers are familiar with these posts and sometimes I find myself answering to Robin in the real world! lol I've been told it suits me more.. so I've decided I'm going to claim it in my next life.

    I'm awful glad you're here Belle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're here, too, Robin... and name-wise, I think I did know your name once, but it's gone. I hope I wrote it down in case I want to send you a card, lol... I am getting worse and worse about names. You'll always be Robin to me, anyway. It took me a few minutes to recognize Miskinak in the beginning, but now I know it's you, all good.

      I'm so "un-Mary" it's not even funny, lol

      Delete
  5. I like Captain Worf's white whiskers! Is he named after the Star Trek guy?

    Marielana is such a pretty name! But I remember you on Multi as Belle, so I've become accustomed to it.

    My given name is Tracey, but I'm Tray or Rei when I write because I'm lazy (I've also shortened my family name to four letters for online typing purposes), and my boyfriend has taken to shortening my name when we speak these days, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's named after the Star Trek character, because he was black and had a bumpy nose. The captain part was so that he would outrank me, as cats always do. I was a Lt. Jg in Starfleet, which is a Star Trek fan club. That was 15 years ago and he's still running my world.

      I've always known you as Rei, which both looks and sounds pretty to me. :)

      Delete
  6. I've always thought of you as Belle, I think I always will. So weird, I think of myself as Benni although that is not my given name. I am so glad we are still in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just discovered how to contact all of you here so am going down the list. So glad that I did because I don't want to call you something you don't like. I know exactly how you feel about your mother calling you a certain name when she was mad at you. I disowned my given name years ago and have only one person who still calls me it. Thankfully she is in my other life and I rarely see her. In fact, I rarely see anyone unless I want to. That is not that often I must say. No, I am not antisocial I just prefer animals.
    Loves your kitty, looks a bit like my Minx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a treat to find sweet Worf here. I miss getting to see pictures of him, Ozzie and Baby. Hope you are all doing well. Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete