Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ambien Man

< This cat has *not* had Ambien.

Do any of you use Ambien? Have you done odd things under its' influence? Noria and her entire family use it to sleep, including the 21 year old nephew. They call this effect "Ambien Man". When you've done something odd after taking it, it was 'Ambien Man' who did it.

Thus, Ambien Man re-arranged the living room last night at Joe's apartment.

Noria's Ambien Man writes letters, and occasionally does laundry.

Alisha's Ambien Man cooks. Everything he can find. And then eats it all.

Mary's (Noria's sister-in-law) Ambien Man fixes things. Mends the torn clothing of her little boy, for instance. She said she's come out to the kitchen some mornings and found a whole pile of mended clothes... and once he fixed her ironing board, where it was wobbly.

Joe Senior's Ambien Man goes for long walks, and leaves him sleeping in odd places. Once in a hedge, once on top of a neighbor's car. It was priceless. Mary took a picture. Fortunately, they live out in the middle of nowhere on a rather large piece of land. No swamp or bogs nearby. He can wander to his heart's content, or until he wears off enough to let Joe sleep.

Eldean, Noria's mom, has an artistic Ambien Man. He smokes and draws pictures for hours, leaving a pile of papers and a full ashtray. Noria's daddy had a wandering Ambien Man, too, but he usually just took Poppa Joe to the workshop, where he'd sit and look at the empty forge.

I think that's the whole family, the six year old isn't on it yet, and the 30 year old just sits and waves his arms... Ambien Man is not ambitious in him. His girlfriend doesn't use it regularly, because she says her Ambien Man takes her to the bathroom and scrubs. She doesn't enjoy that.

I've never tried the stuff, myself. Kinda afraid to - I can imagine wandering out into the park in my altogether, talking to someone who isn't there... wait, I do that anyway. Not the wandering, though. :)

8 comments:

  1. I do not and have not taken ambien. If I have trouble sleeping I take Benadryl and call it good.

    I do not recommend taking Bendryl and Xanax together, unless you want to sleep like the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like an interesting exercise. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what, as an epileptic, the effects of taking Ambien would be? I think I may hold off on finding out. And since Matt already sleep cooks w/o any drugs maybe we'll let this stuff stay at the pharmacy. I mean, if we took it, it could be a real unconscious party around here and where's the fun in that? LoL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never taken it and I think I would be afraid to now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never taken it and from the sounds of all this I never will...I finally stopped walking and answering phones in my sleep a while back and would like to keep it that way, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. All I take to sleep is my day... that usually does me in... until I get a bout of insomnia, and for me, insomnia is just a symptom of something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insomnia is rare for me, so wouldn't need a sleeping aid, but I'm not a big drug taker, anyway.

    That said, if Mary wants to come visit, I could use her Ambien man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Until Ambien Man decides to walk the dog, I'm not interested.

    ReplyDelete