Saturday, August 18, 2012

OMG. I just had a thought, an ugly thought

If I hadn't married Paul, I might not have met my wonderful friends...all the ones that live in my computer... (and yes, that's Baby. Nothing to do with the blog, but y'all deserve something nice for reading it.)

It was Paul, who introduced me to Yahoo Answers. He had been on the management pages and had gotten one or two levels... lol I made 7th on Bellemai and Bellethecat has done pretty well too. And if I hadn't been on Answers, I wouldn't have met my buddy Dragon. Dragon is a perfect friend. She's cool, she's smart, AND she can breathe fire. What else do you need in a friend? I joined Y360 so I could talk to Dragon. I then met a bunch more of you...That was the BEST blogging and social format EVER. And of course, it's been gone for years. Some of the younguns may not even know what it was like.

Does anyone remember the purple hippo girl? The one who built herself a persona that was wildly cool and worked for BBC... and had to fess up that she didn't look like that (kinda felt sorry for the girl whose life she borrowed!) and that she was unemployed, didn't even actually live in London... she had to fess up so she could talk about a guy from the east coast here visiting her. I felt sorry for her...she disappeared not long after the big reveal, when the dude stopped answering her posts. (I am witchy, I'm sure you noticed.)

Oh, and Multiply. I am SO going to miss Multiply in all it's glitchy funky, frozen glory... we discovered the joys of almost instant response on our blogs. Post it and see who's online to talk back and forth with. I have a couple of friends who won't come to Google now...have refused. Insist on using a site I can't even begin to decipher. I hate to lose them, but... all my REAL friends seem to be here. Even the birdy. ;)

If it hadn't been for Multiply, I might not have met my Tree... oh I am so glad I didn't miss the Tree. And the Puppy dog and the Puppy's puppy... And Stef. I miss Stef like crazy. She was SO funny... but she's gone to California and has a life now...she hits Facebook every so often... I'll get a poke. Fairies... there were fairies, and a fairydragon... and another Dragon! A GUY Dragon, from near me - he lived in Little Rock. *sigh* he's gone now too... hasn't been online in forever, I'm betting he got himself a real life ladyfriend and didn't need the trekkie action figures anymore. He was awesome though. Oh... memories... Dogs, Cats, Turtles, Birds, Flamingoes (are they birds?) a vet to take care of the critters (love my Jilli) and...Pet. Pet is such a wonderful writer...interesting, without going overboard y'know...never boring. Thinking of Pet reminds me of Herr Ludwig. I am missing him... And Hotclaws. And Hadenough. Cat people. Dog people. Lizard people... it was so great. Hot was the one who got me to come to Multiply in the first place...and then I dragged a bunch more, who dragged a bunch more...and it became home. First thing you do in the morning, check and see who's said what to whom. *sigh*

And... let's see... I joined Facebook so I could talk to Fleur... and then discovered a bunch of my 3D friends were on there, and some social contacts, and some old school buddies (my lockermate from high school!) annd I do love my Facebook. 

I had a Yahoo email... it got a little glitchy at about the same time as we moved back to Texarkana, so I went to gmail. And then, oh my... I discovered the gmail chat. Now that is an awesome weapon against boredom. You do have to be careful who you're 'available' to, however.

And now we're here. At least, most of us are. We're missing a few, but...it could be worse...the core group is here. And I'm so glad....I would not for the world miss my good friends here.

It would be perfect, if I just didn't have to be grateful to Paul for it all!

12 comments:

  1. I tried to give my old blogs to Goodwill. They said they didn't want them. Their loss . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang straight it's their loss. Dummies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, I didn't mention Cleo or you...because talking about Cleo and Dozy makes me basically illiterate. I cry. I didn't forget y'all, however, and I won't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. Don't cry. I got to go to a fish fry today, and two people who I didn't know but who apparently knew me asked why Cleo didn't come. We really miss her a lot. I know what you mean about Dozy. I was thinking about after she first banged her head in the hospital, and we all had to figure out what she was saying when the letters wouldn't come out right for her. If I weren't already in awe of her spirit, her perseverance and improvement would have absolutely floored me. I hate to lose all those comments. I want to keep up with Baby Llama too. That girl is going to set this world on fire, and I want to keep track of her.

      Delete
  4. I guess I owe Paul a debt of gratitude as well. I was on 360 and answers but missed out on most folks until the big move to Multiply. I remember meeting you on Robin's blog. I instantly liked you. I've always been a Cat person :)

    *hug*

    And... dear lord, I met a lot of great people. Too many to list, really. And I don't worry about moving on and forums of choice, for in everything there are beginnings and endings, fades and intensities. I either *have* the folks here -- or I know how to find them. It's all good.

    I was just thinking today how much trust I have for people like you -- a woman whom I've never met in real life -- but I'd entrust my heart (and my animals) to you in a second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tree of my heart. I feel the same about you...You're one of two people I truly feel that way about. The other...breathes fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, you said a lot; but all I heard was the gossip.

    Where did George actually live? Was she even British? All the other stuff I knew, but not that.

    Oh...and thank you for being a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was British, lived in an apartment outside London, a ways but not far...I think the dude would've noticed, don't you, if he'd had to go to say, South America or Alaska, to sleep with his new girlfriend? LOL... the poor kid never was right, I don't think. I tried to hang onto her, because she needed someone, but she just faded.

      And thank you, my nutty green one, for being my friend. I would SO have missed you if you hadn't come with us.

      Delete
  7. You've managed to put into words what so many of us are feeling. I have no idea now who I followed over to Multiply. I never did the Answers thing, but Y360 yes. All I know is a bunch of us moved to Multiply at the same time.

    I also have to thank the Tree. For she opened up to me and in her world were all of you. And Dragon. Ohmygosh. Josh Groban! LOL Every time I think of you all I smile inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm now test-driving 5 other sites besides MP and FB. Yikes!! It is nice to see you almost every place I go. I won't be using G+ much, but sometimes I surprise myself. It's always nice to see your comments on my writings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have friends everywhere, lol...

      And it is really nice to read your thoughts!

      Delete